evoke has always been and will always be one of the safest, cleanest, and most responsible salons out there. We’ve been through this before, we are prepared and ready again!
In our 18 year history, we’ve seen and successfully managed H1N1, SARS, MERS, Ebola, etc… There has been a constant need for our industry to be prepared for these types of viruses from day one.
As professional hairstylists, we are trained extensively on Bacteriology and Virology as a prerequisite of our licensing. While we have been home, our team has completed additional health and safety training, specific to this pandemic, and are all Barbicide COVID-19 certified. It was very important that we educate our selves on proper PPE use and practices so that we are able to effectively protect ourselves and our guests.
We have had a surgical-grade air cleaner in our salon since 2014 and has been adding a second to our cutting floor.
Steps we are taking to ensure everyone’s well being:
- Disinfecting and sanitizing all high traffic areas of the salon throughout the day
- All stations will be thoroughly cleaned between appointments – including the chair, all tools, shampoo basins, etc.
- All staff will properly wash their hands with soap and water for a minimum of 20 seconds before interacting with guests and between appointments
- Staff members will be sporting locally made face masks while at work
- We will regularly be screening staff for COVID-19 related illness
- Clients will be asked to self-screen before attending their appointment and to stay home if they are unwell
- Touchless payment options
When it comes to PPE we have a stockpile of 70% alcohol, sanitizer, and other disinfectants throughout the salon. Signage has been placed throughout the salon with current information in regard to policies recommended by the Ontario government.
The PPE on-site includes:
- Disposable aprons
- Disposable gloves
- Sanitizer stations
- Physical Distancing barriers
- Two Surgical/Medical grade air purification systems
Our goal is to be the SAFEST SALON in Toronto!
Checking in for your appointment:
- Please call to check-in upon arrival
- Wait in your vehicle, or outside the salon until we let you know that your station is disinfected and ready
- If you do not have a mask we will provide you with one
- Sanitize your hands with our touch-free dispenser at the door
Seating has been set up in our front area with physical distancing barriers in place for guests who walked, took the subway, and/or are unable to wait outdoors and need a place to rest.
Our processes will also need to be temporarily adapted to our “new normal”.
- We will no longer be able to accept walk-ins and unannounced visits
- Due to safety protocols and regulations, we MUST limit the number of people we have in our space at all times
This will affect our ability to see and schedule as many guests as we once did (at least initially).
Magazines, beverages, and popcorn will not be offered (at least initially) until we are told that being masked is no longer a requirement of our guests.
your hair team